Say It Better Through Screen Sharing
Posted by on May 13, 2020 9:37 am
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: How to Use This Blog
- Customize the beginning and end of the blog copy so it's tailored to you/your company.
- Right-click on the photo below, and "Save as image" to download the photo and use it in your blog on your website.
- Please include a link back to the original blog post on PGi's website: https://www.pgi.com/blog/2020/01/screen-sharing-is-worth-1000-words/
- After you've posted the blog on your website, promote it on social! You can find suggested social copy below.
Picture this scenario: you’re getting comfortable with a new digital tool. You’ve installed the application, adjusted with your settings, and done the default on-boarding tutorial. Still, you run into something that’s not intuitive for you and need some help to keep things moving.
What Would Your Preference Be?
- Sift through often-outdated documentation and tutorials looking for the right answer to your problem.
- Jump on a quick screen-sharing session with a customer service representative.
Chances are, you’d prefer option two. If you work in the SaaS industry, chances are your customers would prefer it, too. Yet, SaaS companies continue to spend valuable employee time creating long-form help documents that are no longer 100% accurate after only a few months.
Not only does this approach cause excessive re-work, it can also block continuous improvement.
A Fresh Approach to Screen Sharing
In 2020, leaders should “think different.” Try encouraging customer service teams to embrace screen sharing and incorporate it into their workflow. At first, it may not seem more efficient, but the saved time absolutely adds up. Screen sharing is often much faster than trying to talk through a problem over the phone. It’s more personal and more effective than presenting all customers with the same faceless instructions.
Customer Success Is Your Success
Typically, many customers try to resolve issues by themselves at first, and they many times are successful. But when they’re not, think of how relieved and thankful they would be to talk to a real person and see the problem solved on screen before their eyes. This builds immense loyalty.
Intuitive and effective collaboration technology grows businesses by removing the friction caused by slow and wasted communication. Click here to learn more about how GlobalMeet Collaboration can help. [link to GlobalMeet page on your website]
Social Media Post (for LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
Screen sharing can be a powerful tool to build customer satisfaction and loyalty. See how: [link to partner blog] #PGiPartners #GlobalMeet #LiveYourBestWorkLife